Monday, August 6, 2007

Projects over the weekend...

Saturday, I was able to finish up the touch up areas in the kitchen with a third coat of red paint. Saturday afternoon, Zach textured the rebuilt wall in the bedroom. Thanks to the Kirksey's for letting us use their "spraying mantis". It did a great job with the texture. Also on Saturday afternoon, my sister and I started painting in the master bedroom. We decided to just put a fresh coat of the same paint that they had originally used. Little did we know that it would take so much paint. It took one gallon to do three coats of red paint in the kitchen. In the master bedroom it took one and half gallons to do one coat. This was partly due to the type of paint used, Ralph Lauren Suede paint. It has a sandy texture and so it just doesn't coat very well. I think that it will look just fine one it has all dried though. I wouldn't ever use that paint again though.

Sunday afternoon, my dad started the project of scraping the popcorn texture off the ceiling. He would just wet it down and it would scrape off in sheets. It's going to look really nice once it's a flat ceiling. Who invented that popcorn texture anyway. It's just a dust trapper in my opinion.

Today Zach woke up thinking he had to be at work at 8am and then he realized that he didn't. So that just meant more work at the house. He started tearing down the wall in the garage. He got most of that down and it's ready to be hauled to the dump.

Right now, I feel like we are in the middle of about 15 different projects. I really want to finish at least one room. Maybe tomorrow.

Now for pictures....

The texture is coming off very nicely

This is the load that was taken to the dump .... these are the bushes and shrubs formally known as the Jungle.
The beginning of the tear down in the garage. We will now have a place to park our cars once this wall is finished.

And last but not least... Bailey taking a nap in the sun. This is what I will be doing right now.

2 comments:

The Beasley's said...

Ya'll are amazing! What a great family team you have going there :-) Of course, I'm LOVING the picture of Bailey sunbathing..she loves her new place already!

Anonymous said...

9:30 p.m. Tuesday evening:

Bailey has been working really hard. She knows how to relax. I'm ready for a hot shower and bed. My feet hurt and I am really dirty. We are having a good time. We love you both. . . Mom and Dad.