The past month has brought about many different happenings...
- My aunt Sharon passed away on March 31st after an 8 year battle with cancer. Her funeral was April 2nd in Groesbeck and it was truly a wonderful memorial to her life. She was such a warrior and had such a great impact on the little community that she lived in. I'm still constantly thinking about my cousin Amy and uncle Jim as they continue to grieve from this loss.
- Zach has two and half weeks of school left and we are so excited about the fact that there will only be one semester after this... December 2010 is looking very exciting!
- We are still waiting to hear back from Tracy Locke and the possibility of a graphic design internship. Zach interviewed during spring break and they said call in 4 weeks if you haven't heard from us. He called and they said they needed at least two more weeks.... so April 27th will have been 6 weeks since the interview. We're still crossing our fingers.
- Zach's parents came Easter weekend and we were able to play around town with them. We took them to Taco Diner and Sprinkles... both of which I had never either. Great food and will definitely be going back for a $3.75 cupcake because it was pure greatness!
- The next weekend, April 9-11, we spent at Lake Texoma for a retreat with the Homebuilder's class at Riverside. It was an amazing time to get away and much needed weekend of rest. We spent the weekend discussing Community and what that should look like in a church family. And of course playing.... here's are the pics from the weekend....
- The next weekend was spent mostly indoors due to the stinking rain. Not much to tell about that. But last Sunday was a day of many highs/lows. There was all sorts of exciting news in bible class with one couple having their baby boy at 6am that morning, one couple announcing that they were having a little girl and two couples announcing they were pregnant. Whew, that's a lot of baby talk. Then that afternoon was the shower for another girl, my prayer partner for the last two months Renae. It was a beautiful shower that I was honored to be a part of... but we got news shortly before the shower that one of our Elders and his family had been in a terrible car accident. The news of this hit pretty hard and we immediately prayed for the family. We had a prayer meeting at the church that evening for the family and in the middle of the prayer we learned that the Elder and his daughter had passed away from the injuries that had sustained in the accident.
- That leads us to today, we had a lament service at church this morning for Phil and Raychel and we wrote on notecards for Debby and baby Zach . It was very emotional, but the part that hit me the most was when we sang Blessed Be the Name... "you give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will choose to say Lord blessed be your name." Couldn't make it through that part of the song. There will be a memorial service for Phil and Raychel on Friday, April 30th.
- This week, my sister and dad will both celebrate birthdays... we celebrated as a family last night at Maggiano's with a gigantic dinner. It was greatness!
Well that about sums up the month of April... there's much more in store for the month of May... this year is flying by....