Sunday, August 19, 2007

My chair

In this buying a house adventure, I figured that we needed at least one new item of furniture. I really wanted something nice for the living room that I could get comfortable in, but it also look very nice. So we searched at several furniture stores and we ended up at Stacy's in Grapevine. I knew that they had good stuff and they also had some pieces that were really our style. So we found exactly what we were looking for... a modern recliner. It's a push back recliner made by Lane. It's awesome... and it's going to look great in the living room. We special ordered this one with the red fabric. It's got little bitty stripes of tan and brown in it. We're gonna love it, but we can't sit in it yet. The fabric treatment is still drying.



The project that we finished tonight was putting new contact paper on the kitchen shelves. I had to show you Bailey's help... she just liked to lay in the cabinet because it was dark and cool. She's an explorer and she found that the cabinets were a nice place to be. Sure wish it had been an easy for us to get in the cabinets because putting down contact paper is hard. (by the way... these pictures were taken before we put new paper on these shelves. )


This is what the cabinets and drawers look like now. I can't wait to get my kitchen set up and start using it. It will be nice to have it all done. I guess that I should start packing some more.

No comments: