Friday, August 3, 2007

Awning Red

I got off work today at 3:30 and went straight to the house to start working. That meant about three more hours of work on the house for me than usual. Zach had been at the house all day long working on odds and ends. When I got there, I started on the lighthouse border in the guest bedroom. It is now gone from the wall and that room is ready for re-texturing, primer and paint. Hopefully we'll start that Sunday. Then Zach and I started working on the paint in the kitchen. After the shocking previous post, I wanted to give you some relief today... Here is the first coat of paint being put on the walls.


These next two pictures are after two coats have been done of the "Awning Red" color. I think that there will be some areas that will need a third coat, but we'll get to that tomorrow. I'm loving it. Now all that's left as far as painting in the kitchen is the white chair rail and the baseboards/trim. I'm so excited to almost have a whole room done with paint. It's definitely an accomplishment. I looked at our list tonight and there have been about 7 things marked off of about 25 or so. We're moving right along. ;-) Tomorrow is more painting.

(By the way, the paint around the door may look sloppy in this picture, but there is trim that will be there. Never fear.)

4 comments:

The Beasley's said...

Wow! I do love that red. It looks GREAT! Good choice :-) I'm sure you are going to be so busy this weekend...hopefully you'll knock that list down even more!

Anonymous said...

I really like looking at what you have done to your new house. The kitchen color is great - I like red. Good luck Marsha

Anonymous said...

Hey Aly! I LOVE the red kitchen. is it beautiful. I know you are having a ball. Nothing in your life will ever be this exciting. Be sure and keep Edward busy!!!
Love,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Whats is the Sherwin Williams stock number or piant code for the "Awning red" ? Thanks!