Monday, October 29, 2007

Concerts and Pumpkins

Ok... so this weekend was filled with tons of fun.... it all started with one of the greatest concert ever... Relient K and Switchfoot. There was also a band called Ruth, that opened for them. It was so awesome because two of mine (and Zach's) most favorite bands were in concert together. It was so loud that I couldn't even hear myself, but it was so worth it. They played all the favs... Sadie Hawkins, The 80's song, We were meant to Live, This is your life... it was all fantabulous! Here were are on our way to the concert... Zach may not look happy but we had a great time!So yesterday we went on a hunt for the best carving pumpkins that we could find. Being that Halloween is only 3 days away, there weren't too many to choose from. We bought 2 pumpkins at a nursery and there were only about 10 to choose from. Slim pickin's... We started carving away last night and this is how they turned out...
I carved stars all over mine... maybe it was because I had been to hear Switchfoot and they sang the song Stars, but I think it's really because I just like Stars a lot. Zach carved the Eagle Talon logo on his pumpkin. For those of you who don't know... the Eagle Talon is the car that is sitting in our garage waiting for a new transmission. It's his toy. ;-) I'd say the Shirley pumpkins turned out pretty good this year.


Once Zach gets the videos uploaded, I'll have some footage from the concert. Until then... hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

That is some darn good pumpkin carving! I couldn't do that if my life depended on it! Stay tuned for Wednesday because I will post pictures of Abby in her Halloween costume. It's super cute if I do say so myself :-) (And yes, I would love coupons. Pampers is what we use, so any of those are awesome. If you happen to find any Enfamil coupons, we'll take those, too! Thanks--you ROCK!)