Sunday, September 23, 2007

Landscaping Birthdays

Friday, Zach turned the big 27. It's been a celebration all week, but on Friday night we spent the night at home with a nice dinner and a movie. I made a homemade lasagna (even though I can't have cheese) and set the table all pretty just for the special occasion. This was really one of our first warm meals in the house. It was a great evening and one that we'll remember for a long time. The night was topped off with a little Will Farrell/Jon Heder action in Blades of Glory. Pretty hysterical movie... too bad in the middle of it we had to take it back to Blockbuster and trade it out because it kept skipping. Oh well. ;-)



Zach's birthday present this year from me... a set of nut drivers. To me this sounds like an odd request, but it's what he wanted, so it's what he got. Next time I buy any tools though, I'll make sure that I read the measurements... he had asked for Metric and I got Standard. How's a girl supposed to know. He exchanged it today for the right set, no problemo.

Zach's birthday present from my parents... a cabinet for the garage. This was an incredible deal on the HD because they were literally going to throw the cabinets away... it was marked off like 85%, so we now have beautiful storage in the garage and Zach has his very own workbench. He's thrilled!!! Also pictured is Zach's bday present from his parents... the mini fridge. It's perfect for holding all the cokes. I love that it frees up the fridge in the kitchen! Birthday present not pictured... is the one that my sister gave him. We have tickets to the Relient K/Switchfoot concert for October 26th. I can't tell you how excited I am about this concert. Two of my favorite bands and they are on tour together. (I know Zach is excited too, he's just not the one posting on a blog.) How amazing is that!! Can't wait!!

After birthday celebrations... we spent this weekend in the yard. It was time to get the shrubs in the ground. Zach worked hard with our friend, Tyson to get all the holly bushes dug up. The only one left was over 100 lbs. and it took a chain and my dad's truck to pull out. See that monster of a bush in the corner... there was no way Zach was getting that out by himself.

Now that all the holly is gone... here is what our front yard looks like. It's beautimous !!
The three shrubs in the middle are Indian Hawthorne, the two on each side are Texas Sage. We also have a fringe flower in the gap on the left hand side.

One the other side of the front door we have three oleander plants... they are supposed to grow to 8-10 feet. Right now, they are only 3 feet tall. We'll see. They bloom pretty pink flowers, so I'm excited about them.
And lastly, our yard gnome who faithfully watches the yard that we now have to put him in.

2 comments:

Neena said...

The house looks really good!!! I'm excited for ya'll. I'm glad all the birthday celebrations went so well.

The Beasley's said...

Sorry it took me so long to comment...since I talked to you on the phone I forgot about this part ;-) Don't ya just love the fact that we're older now, so we're getting things like cabinets for the garage for our birthday. I'm asking for a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas. Sickening, right? :-)