Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Floor

This weekend was very productive and very busy. Zach's parents were in town for the weekend and they helped us around the house with a lot of little projects and some big ones. Zach and his dad finished the wall in the garage (more pictures to come later) and they also put a turbine on the roof. Those were the big jobs. Zach's mom and I hung lots of pictures in the house, some of which you can see below.

This is the downstairs bedroom, guest bedroom, the one that Zach had to rebuild the wall in... it has now officially become Zach's car room. We got the big pictures of cars from an auction at my work and they are perfect for our black and white themed room.

The type case is holding all of Zach's special Matchbox cars... mostly Mustangs. We're working to fill up the extra spaces with more Mustangs.
This is the entry way to the living room also right next to the front door. Our little mirror from IKEA is perfect here as well as this little table that my mom gave me. It used to be my Papaw's table that sat next to his chair in their living room collecting newspapers. It's a perfect little entry table and will eventually be painted black, but not anytime real soon. (I'm done with painting projects for a while.) I also need another little basket to complete the bottom shelf, but I think that it looks great!

Here's the massive China Cabinet that we were so thankful we hired movers for. It doesn't come apart... once we got it in the house, my mom unloaded everything and arranged it very nicely for me. What you see in the picture is actually only half of the cabinet, if you can imagine. Now to the living room... it's complete and very comfortable. It's much bigger than our living room in the apartment. We are loving it!


I know you've seen the kitchen many times, but this is the finished kitchen... the last touches were done this weekend. The little light above the sink was installed this weekend and I call it my little space ship. It's very unique and fits the rest of the kitchen well.
And now for the top of the refrigerator... Upstairs is still a work in progress, but I hope to have some things cleared out by the end of this weekend. ;-)

3 comments:

Neena said...

It looks really good. Congrats on all your projects. It turned out great!!!

The Beasley's said...

Holy WOW!!! That place looks amazing...you guys did some amazing work, and I totally see your personality in everything. Such creative things all around. I'm really loving it. And thanks for having so many pictures of us on your refrigerator!! (I feel so special!!) :-) Love ya much!

Anonymous said...

Hey Aly-
Everything is looking good. We are going to have to get up there soon to see you house. Congratulations to you and Zach.
The Barnes