Sunday, December 28, 2008

December Happenings....

A lot has happened in the month of December... first things first.... we had a party with our small group the first weekend of December. Then the next weekend, December 13th we headed to Marion, AR for Curtis & Jessica's wedding. This is Zach's best friend from college and he was honored to be a groomsman in the wedding. We were able to go up on Thursday so that Zach could spend some much needed time with the boys. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner at The Cedars there in Marion.

Mark, Curtis, Andy and Zach at the rehearsal dinner.

Jess and Curtis during story time.

Zach's parents were servers at the rehearsal dinner... they were also glad to be a part of the big day. Curtis is like a 4th son to them.

Zach & I, these pictures are hard to come by. ;)

Then Saturday was the big day for the wedding... it was a beatiful occasion made to be like a day in a Tuscan village. Jessica looked beautiful... as you can see.

I wasn't sitting very close at the wedding... here they exchange their vows.

The classic pic of Zach and Curtis

Jessica and me... she towers over me, as do most people.

The beautiful bride's cake... blue was her color.

This is what Curtis' truck will look like someday... currently being restored.

And our Christmas card pic... I definitely waited to the last minute to take a Christmas pic. It's not very often that I get a pic of Zach in a tux though, so I felt it was definitely appropriate.

The get-a-way car... Jessica's dad's hot rod.

The boys were allowed to touch the car... so we put a sign in the back window.

Don't these boys look like they are up to no good?!?

Curtis and Jess being pelted with bird seed. It was everywhere... the guy who cleaned it up wasn't very happy. ;-)

And finally... off to Mexico with some Mountain Dew cans in tow.

Came home from the wedding and I had four days of work left until the New Year. A much needed vacay. The week after the wedding... Zach and I celebrated 3 years of marriage on December 17th. To celebrate, Zach and had a fabulous dinner at Trader Vic's and stayed a swanky boutique Hotel Palomar. My sister hooked us up with a great deal because the company she works for owns the hotel. It was an amazing night... no presents exchanged just a wonderful night on the town. ;-)

Me and the Rickshaw at Trader Vic's

Outside the doors at Trader Vic's. We had an amazing dinner... practically private dining. I even tried a Mai Tai because they are known for originating that drink. ;-)

The is the tree that was in the hotel lobby. It was huge and real and sprayed red. It faked me out for sure, but it was beautiful.

Our room... which we were upgraded to.... I want a bed like this so bad.

The sitting area in the room... can't say that we used it, but it looked pretty.

There was even a goldfish in our room. Throughout the night I keep hearing little bubbles... it was the fish. How perfect for a swanky hotel.

And one of the best parts of the stay... a personalized note with complimentary fruit and Fiji water. I'm sure glad that they gave this to us, so we wouldn't have to break into the mini bar. After our stay at the hotel, we made a day of Christmas shopping on our anniversary. It had to get done sometime and it was perfect because I had the day off. I ended the day with a trip to the doctor... the crud had overcome me and I got it taken care of. ;-) It was a very HAPPY 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

And I must end this post with some of our Christmas decor...
Kinda blurry, but all of our ornaments are red, silver or white. Love it!


I had to show Bailey's perch... it's her favorite place because she can see well out the front window all the way to the back window. She loves it being able to watch the squirrels.
My little tree at the entry way with two of my penguins.

And finally, my newest penguin. I got him at the little store down the street from Zach's house in Marion. Love it!

I went to a books and brunch at Shevawn's house last weekend, then Zach and I went to the PowerFM Christmas party last Saturday night. Last Sunday, we celebrated Christmas with my family. And we just returned from our final Christmas celebration yesterday. We spent three days in Marion with Zach's family. Good times had by all! We are glad to be home, but we are thankful to have been able to spend time with family during the holidays. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Looking forward to a great 2009!

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

Love the update! I can't believe ya'll have already been married for 3 years. Wow! The place you stayed looked fab. Love the penguins, too. Too cute :-) Much love my bestest faraway friend!