Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March Happenings...

This post has been a long time coming. I was working on it the other night and the internet was incredibly slow. Not only was the internet slow, but the tv was all staticy (sp?). Come to find out, there was a cable problem in the area because someone had run over the cable box in our alley. Now that we have that all cleared up... here's my post!

This past weekend, I got to visit one of my very best friends. We have been friends since Kindergarten. Here's a throwback of Amy and I from the 7th grade. Aww memories... ;-) So, I basically went down there to visit Amy's sweet little girl, Abby. I was so excited to see her because it had been almost 8 months since the last time I had seen her. Abby is now 10 months old and just has the best little personality. I was at first scared that I wasn't going to be able to go because I was sick with a sinus infection. So I called Amy and told her it was totally up to her... and luckily, I found out that Abby was sick with a sinus infection, too. So, I went and Abby and I were sick together. We had a great time hanging out and catching up. Always good times! Some pictures from the weekend....


I think that this was the back side of Abby's wave. I'm not quite sure, but it's cute anyway.
When we got home from the weekend in Houston, we had to go pick up our little girl, Bailey. She stayed at my parents house the whole time and she was soooo excited to see us when we got back. She wouldn't leave our side and this is what she looked like on Sunday night. What a little cuddler.

So the biggest news from this week from the Shirley household was that we had our first snow!! Here are the pictures from the week. It snowed on Monday and Thursday nights. Last night was the worst, it took me 1.5 hours to get home. It usually only takes 25 minutes. It was beautiful and it wasn't as bad as ice because it was nice and fluffy. Too bad it didn't keep me from going to work. It was all gone by this afternoon.


When I saw all the snow on my oleander plants, I was afraid that they wouldn't make it because they were so wilted. But after it melted, they perked right back up. I would have been so sad if they had died, but they are now just fine.
What a happy beginning to the month of March.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... you two have changed so much... well... your hair has changed. Otherwise you both look exactly the same :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures definitely bring back memories!! Glad you got to enjoy our little "dolly". I know that Amy loved showing her off. Your house looks beautiful! Happy Easter to you both.

Love, Jan (Amy's Mom)

The Beasley's said...

I'm thinking...um, was that picture actually necessary to the point of the post? That would be no! Could you have picked a more hideous one? (ha! Probably yes.) That shirt I had on was from Gadzooks...that place was so popular back in the day. What about my bangs? Yikes! I'm totally not diggin the fact that John said we look exactly the same from then until now--he acts like he knows us or something, sheesh!

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! I remember you both exactly that way!! Your house looks so nice with all the snow on it! It could be on a Christmas card!

Lindsey Eason said...

Your friends baby is adorable! And I love how you have managed to keep up with so many old friends...I just read several of your previous posts and was struck at how you've done a great job of maintaining friendships which in my eyes is really great! I love the updates you guys did on your bathroom and dresser - once again - you've managed to impress me! Hope ya'll have a great weekend!