Monday, March 24, 2008

Lions & Tigers & Bears, OH MY!

This weekend, Zach and I went to visit Zach's family for Easter. We had lots of fun with family, friends, ate lots of candy, had some good Memphis BBQ, hung out with 4 dogs, heard the new preacher at church, and also went to the Memphis Zoo. The highlight of the trip by far as we spent the whole day with Zach's parents and got to see all the cool animals. Someone asked me if there were kids with us on the trip to the zoo. Nope, there sure weren't any kids, but I probably acted like one. I love these fun places... so take a trip with me through the zoo.

Zach and I pose in the little cubby in Africa (I believe). I think that we were the only big people that got in this little cubby.

We saw pink flamingos....
Trumpeter Swans...
Penguins, one of my favorites...
Elephants...
Leopards...Tigers...


Giraffes...
And my most favorite... BEARS... The Panda...
Polar Bear...
and the Black Bear...

We left the zoo and came home to our Bailey girl. She's the most precious animal of them all. You can see that she was thrilled to get her Easter present. Zach and I really know how to humiliate a dog. She loves us anyway though! Zach's mom bought the rain coat.


I hope that everyone had a great Easter holiday and was able to enjoy some time with family and friends!

3 comments:

Neena said...

I love going to the zoo too. I'm glad ya'll had fun. I think my favorite picture was the one of the leopard. I laughed.

The Beasley's said...

The zoo sounds so fun. We haven't even tried out the Houston one, yet. There's not a lot to it, but it's a zoo, nonetheless. I loved the Panda pic..so cute! And no it wasn't the tire that was flat when you were here. That tire was salvaged and fixed..this is on the Fusion. We had to get a brand new tire all together for it. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is 5:45 a.m. and I have been up since 2:30. Oh, the joys of pregancy....sleeping is not easy! It was so good to read and catch up with yall on your blog. We only live like 20 minutes apart, right? We have got to get together! The zoo looked fun, I want to take Lane to the Fort Worth Zoo this summer, she loves animals! I remember the name Eric Myers, I have to go look him up in the yearbook. I was so sorry to read that news on your blog. I'll let you know when we are headed to the hospital! Love ya!