Thursday, February 28, 2008

Randomness....

It's the last week in February and we are coming up on Spring. I'm excited because I get to buy things like this now....

These tulips have lasted me about 4 days now. Funny thing is when I got home yesterday afternoon, their heads were so wilted and they were hanging all the way down touching the table. They were completely out of water. I gave them water and now they are perked up again. So pretty!

Other randomness... have you ever wondered where a pimento comes from? Well I have and it all came about because Zach and I had a bet to see what people liked better... green or black olives. (I like green. Zach likes black.) Unfortunately, Zach won. But it does bring up a good question... the pimento? Well here it is straight from Wikipedia...

The Pimento, Pimiento, or Cherry Pepper is a variety of large, red, heart-shaped chili pepper (Capsicum annuum) that measures 3 to 4 inches long and 2 to 3 inches wide (medium, elongate). The flesh of the sweet pimento is sweet, succulent and more aromatic than that of the red bell pepper. Some varieties of the pimento type are hot including the Floral Gem and Santa Fe Grande varieties. Pimento or pimentão are Portuguese words for "bell pepper", while pimenta refers both to chili peppers and to black peppercorns .

Would you have ever guessed that it was a pepper? I had a suspicion and I'm glad that I finally know. Here's to the pimento!! (BTW, no there is not an actual person that stuffs the olives with pimentos, it's done by a machine.)

Bailey's new thing... well it's not really new, but Bailey goes crazy for PIZZA CRUST. Not pizza, not crust, but specifically PIZZA CRUST. It's crazy. This is a just a small sampling of her love for it. On a side note, Zach threw some crust in the trash on Tuesday at lunch. When I came home from work that day, the trash was all over the floor because she was so in love with the pizza crust. She also ate all other edibles things in the trash and was so thirsty by the time I got home. We've learned our lesson, NO MORE PIZZA CRUST IN THE TRASH.




And finally, on a sad note... this week, I found out that a beau for Kappa Gamma Epsilon (that was my club at Harding) passed away. Eric Myers died in his sleep on Monday night. I was in shock when I found this out because there was nothing wrong with Eric that I knew of or that anyone else knew of. He was experiencing flu like symptoms for about a week and then he just passed away. Please pray for Eric's family, friends, and his fiance, Kristen. I can't even imagine what they are going through. God bless them and I can't wait to see him in heaven one day!

No comments: