Thursday, February 10, 2011

17 Weeks

This is week 17 with the babies. We're about halfway there if I go to the average amount of weeks for a twin gestation. About two weeks ago, I took the one hour glucose test as my doctor advised. Since I am carrying two babies and I have a family history of Type II diabetes, my doctor wanted to be extra cautious. I found out this week that I failed the one hour test, so tomorrow I go in for the 3 hour test. I know the babies and I are going to be starving when the test is over. I'll go straight to lunch, and then on to work. Hopefully I'll know the outcome of the test by Monday, so that I can get on a gestational diabetes plan right away if I need to. Since I'm preparing to have diabetes, Zach and I made a feast tonight. Tortilla crusted chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli cornbread. Yum! None of these dishes will be friendly to me if the test comes back that I failed.

Hopefully in the next week our master bathroom project will be completely finished. Be looking for the final pictures of the latest project in the Shirley house.