Thursday, October 15, 2009

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

A week ago today, I was getting ready to go see this...


It was absolutely awesome... I don't think that I have seen a better musical at the music hall in Fair Park and I've been to several. Here's a little taste of the musical... my favorite scene Step In Time. Made me want to be able to tap dance.


Overall... a great birthday... we spent a little bit of time at the fair after the musical. Enough to get our corny dog (or as Oprah called it, Corn Dogy) and try another something sweet which was a fried smore for me. Then we were on our way.

Then on Thursday this past week, the accounting dept at D&B had a day at the fair. So my best bud, Shanna and I roamed the fair and saw all the good shows and ate another corny dog that day. Here are a couple of things that we saw....

A Ford F-150 in shambles from a wreck that two teens walked away from...


The African Acrobats doing their thing, and doing the limbo at 2 feet off the ground...
The Pirates of the Caribbean diving show, where a man jumps from an 80 ft pole into 10 ft of water. Amazing... made me hold my breath.

And my family bricks... Here were are starting with my dad and mom.

My sister and I.

Uncle Jim and Aunt Sharon

Cousin Amy

Uncle John and Aunt Linda

Cousins Heidi and Sean

And the ones who started it all Papaw and Mamaw.
So the story goes that sometime after Papaw passed away and my dad and his sisters were settling the estate, they used some of the money to donate to the fair. This was when I was little bitty as I was not even 2 when Papaw passed away. So if you are ever at the fair, you can always find the Kilgore family on row 256 of the red brick path.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you got pics of all the bricks, Al. I had completely forgotten that we had bricks at the fair until Mom & Dad mentioned it last week. How fun for our Kilgore fam!

The Beasley's said...

I didn't realize the fair was that awesome! I really would like to go again sometime. Mary Poppins looks amazing, too! Glad you had such an awesome birthday!

Shevawn said...

Wow! How neat! FYI: I LOVED Mary Poppins! So glad you loved it, too! cute pics and thanks for coming over with Zach to take pics today! We LOVE them! :)