Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy Weekend

Let me start by saying... I just celebrated 3 years with Dave & Buster's on September 13th. A very happy 3 years of employment with a great company I might add. In recognition of my 3 years of service, I was awarded points to spend on a website that had anything and everything. So I choose two items which should hopefully be here by my birthday. So Dave & Buster's furnished my little birthday present to myself... a Vera Bradley Tote and Wristlet. So exciting...
More on the birthday front to come...

So this weekend was busy hanging out with friends. On Saturday, I met up with Sarah, Jessica and Holly to ride together to Shevawn's baby shower. We had some good bonding time and then met up with Jamie & Lana at the shower. The first time that we have all been together since before the summer began probably. Time flies. Here we all are at the shower celebrating Baby McGirl, who will join us in a few short weeks. It was so good to be with everyone again.

On Sunday, we made our way to church on a gloomy day. Zach and I became official this Sunday. Two weeks ago, we checked the box at church and this past Sunday they announced us. We are now new members at Riverside Church of Christ in Coppell. It's been a work in process for the past three months, but we are happy and are really excited about joining in the fellowship at Riverside. A new chapter in our lives. We didn't mean to rush out of church on Sunday, but we had to get over to the Kirksey's for lunch. A last supper of sorts for the official small group. It was a tremendous blessing to be together with the whole group again (We missed you, Jessica & Josh!). We'll have to do this often because we have to see all these little ones grow up.

1 comment:

Lindsey Eason said...

Chad loves Dave and Busters! I didn't know you work for them!!...very cool. And love the bag you got - too cute!