Thursday, January 29, 2009

We're done!

This is the look of excited exhaustion! Yesterday, I was giving the pleasant opportunity of having a weekend in the middle of my week. Our offices closed all day for the ice that was melted by noon. I was ok with that though because there were lots of things to accomplish and with the hubby being home we were able to do just that. We slept in ate breakfast and got to work.
After about 4 hours of work... this is what we got. I'll take you now on a 360 degrees tour of our new office space.... First let's remind ourselves what this room looked like when we bought the house. These were literally the only two thing in the room... there was marker/crayon drawings on the back of the door, a single 24 inch closet door with no light on the inside and really hideous carpet.

This is what we have now...A double door closet...My really cool and much need IKEA bookshelf.


My desk area with our DVD and CD storage...


The cool new cabinets for Zach's art work and art supplies plus just some plain office supplies.


Zach's desk with his art displayed from the painting class he took last semester.


And the remaining CD storage under the window in the room.


Also, notice the fan matches the color of the flooring that we picked. And look at the pretty flat ceilings now that they have been scraped of the dusty popcorn. So much better.


Overall... this is what we did... painted all walls, rebuilt the closet wall, framed closet door, hung doors, painted and put down new baseboards, scraped and painted the ceiling, put down new flooring, moved electrical work for the light installed in the closet, and loaded everything back into the room... it is now functional and I think that I will actually enjoy using it! VERY EXCITED to have this project finished.

I'll end this post with another pic of the small group girls... we all attended Jamie's baby shower this past weekend. What a blessing to have these girls in my life. Love all of you!

2 comments:

the libbys said...

um, my shirt makes me look 48 weeks pregnant. someone should've warned me before i left my house. HA! :)LOVE the office!

Sarah Kirksey said...

Jamie - you should see me in that shirt...if you think you look 48 weeks, then I'm more like 60! :)

Alyson - The office looks GREAT all loaded up with your stuff! Way to go, Shirleys!