Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tear down these walls...

Zach and I have become concert addicts the past couple of weeks. Two weeks ago, we went to the Power FM benefit concert to see Since October and Entrust. Good bands... a little hard for my taste though. Unfortunately no pictures to document that event. On Friday night, we made a little trek down to Deep Ellum to Live at Mokah to see Philmont, Our Hearts Heroes, Addison Road, and Pillar. It was an awesome concert and a great venue for concerts. We decided to show some support to the bands that Power FM plays all the time. So I found out about the show from this girl that I went to middle school with... she's the merch girl for the band Philmont because her husband is the lead singer. It was good to see her and show some support to their band as they are new to the national scene. Power FM is playing their new single "Tear down these walls" and their EP "Oh Snap" is available on iTunes. Good times. Too bad we got to the concert a little late and only saw the last song of Philmont's set. Oh well. My other favorite of the night was Addison Road. They haven't been on the scene very long, but they have several songs out that are really catchy. The other day at work I couldn't stop singing, "if I have to jump, then I'll jump and I won't look down, you can cry, you can fight, you can scream and shout, I'll push and pull until your walls come down and you understand I'm gonna be around... cause I'm sticking with you." All their songs are very catchy which makes it a good thing to be singing at work. ;-) The last band to perform was Pillar and they did an awesome job. It's amazing how many of their songs I actually knew and I don't even have any of their cds. They announced on Friday that their drummer was performing his last show with them. Lester, the drummer, has gotten called back for David Cook, the American Idol winner. Pretty cool stuff. Anyway, enjoy the pictures...
Philmont in the last song of their set...
Our Heart's Heroes...
Addison Road during their set...
Jenny, the lead of Addison Road and I.
Last but not least Pillar... notice he's supporting another band "The Wedding."

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

I'm curious who the middle school girl is that you knew. Would I know her too? Just wondering. Glad you've had fun being a groupie :-)