Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hawk Nelson is my Friend!


So for those of you who don't already know... I'm a total nerd. At least I think so sometimes. Here's where this comes from... Zach and I got tickets to the Faith Night at the Rough Riders game on Thursday night. Hawk Nelson was in concert and well that's what we were going for... not the baseball. The concert was before the game in the side parking lot and it featured Capital Lights as the opener and then a little diddy by Mark Stuart, formerly the lead singer of Audio A and then headlined Hawk Nelson. It was a great concert as they really put on a good show, but I'll just say Zach and I were some of the oldest people there. I don't even think that Hawk Nelson is as old as I am and I'm not even that old. For the most part though, it was all little teenie boppers and some of their parents with them. Then what made me feel even more like a nerd... I wanted their autograph... so I got it. I know that I was probably the only one my age asking for this punk rock band to sign my cd, but I sure didn't care. It was definitely a great night and a highlight of my weekend. Now for some pictures....

Mark Stuart came out as they were playing Big House... he sang a little bit, but his voice was soo raspy. His vocal cords are completely shot from years of straining his voice with Audio A.

The lead singer, Jason Dunn.



Drums: Justin BennerBass Guitarist: Daniel Biro

The whole Band, Hawk Nelson - up close and personal. What a nerd I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I went to see you guys at the Winter Jam in GR and Justin gave me and my friend his drumsticks! Remember us? Well my friend thinks that you are so cool she really "likes" you! Well you guys rocked! Thanks for the drumsticks!!
God Bless You!