Sunday, June 8, 2008

School's out for Summer...

Well I wish that I could say that... Work is still on for the summer for me. And unfortunately Zach is also still in school. So that phrase doesn't really apply, but the fun times of summer have already begun.

Last weekend (May 30-June 1), I got to spend lots of much needed time with friends. On Saturday night, Amy, Abby and Amy's parents came over to the casa to see it and to have dinner. It was tons of fun and Abby was such a cutie pie! Here are some pics from the evening together....




I also got to see the Beller family last weekend. It was the first time that Zach and I had been to their beautiful house. We also got to spend some quality time with Lane and newborn Caroline. Good times... unfortunately, there are no pics to document this adventure.

Zach finished his Maymester course in Sculpture about two weeks ago. He's now started his ceramics course which will be over at the beginning of July. In his 3 week sculpture class, he had to do the following projects... I'd say that they turned out very well!

Project #1Project #2


In other news... we got a new oven as we are slowly trying to replace the appliances that we have. Our new oven matches the microwave that we put in the house and it's just beautiful. Again, a really good deal from Home Depot. Some would call it spaving... Spending so that you can save. I don't care what it is... it's pretty!

I think that's it... I'll let you know when the next project begins in the Shirley household! I'm feeling unloved people... leave some comments!

5 comments:

Sarah Kirksey said...

Alyson, the new oven is pretty! I'm glad you "spaved" money to get it! ;) And as for Zach's projects...project #1...I don't get it. What is it exactly???

Neena said...

I am so jealous that you have seen Abby so much. Hopefully we will go down to Houston to see all of our friends there. I love the oven. We are wanting to get a new oven too with the microwave that goes above. We need the counter space.

the libbys said...

i hear ya, sister! work is still on for the summer for me too! we need to have a small group girls night! i havent seen you guys in forever!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the projects, Zach! Very cool. And the term "spave"...well, I am going to start using it, I do it all the time! We loved seeing you guys, lets do it again soon! Oh, and nice oven ;)

The Beasley's said...

I thought I had left a comment on this forever ago...so sorry I didn't. We had such a fabulous time visiting you guys! Thanks for having us and for the super yummy dinner.