Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend 2008

I know I'm a week late on this one... but here goes nothing...

Mother's day weekend, Zach and I were concert machines. On Friday night, we went with my sister to Taste Addison and saw Switchfoot. Awesome concert... could see them tons of times and it wouldn't get old. This was actually my third time and Zach's second time to see them in concert. They performed all their biggest hits... Meant to Live, Dare to You to Move, Gravity, Stars, This is Your Life.... and they also performed their newest song, This is Home which is on the Prince Caspian soundtrack. Definitely my favorite concert of the weekend!!

A week before Mother's Day, Zach won tickets from our favorite radio station, 89.7 PowerFM, to go see Manic Drive and Eowyn. So that concert was on Saturday night in Greenville, TX. After much hesitation(the drive is about an hour), we went to the concert. It was super small, maybe 100 people+. I'm not good at estimating... but you know it's small when the band members are sitting in the audience with you. Zach and I sat at the back of the auditorium to spare our ears from bursting. We still saw everything just fine and we definitely didn't have any problems hearing the concert. So here's what we saw.... we got there as this band, The Cost was performing...(don't be fooled by the banner in the background... these are all different bands.)
Then this band, The Vow performed. There were really good. Probably the most mellow of the night. Zach got one of their shirts.
Then Eowyn performed.... you can just barely see her in the middle holding her microphone. She's got a big hit out on the radio right now called Silent Screams and I'd have to say I really like it. She put on a pretty good show. If you haven't heard of her, she sounds a lot like Evanescence maybe a little bit harder.
And then finally the headliner... Manic Drive. I had tried to get Zach to go with me back in January to the PowerFM benefit show to see these guys play, but that didn't happen. I knew that I knew a lot of the songs they play, but I didn't know just how many until I went to the concert. Practically every song I knew. That's always a good feeling! ;-)

That about wraps up the concert mania... after we got home from Greenville on Saturday night, I had to start getting the meal ready for Mother's Day. Zach and I peeled shrimp for about an hour when we got home and didn't end up going to bed until probably 1am. After church on Sunday, my sister, Zach and I prepared the meal for my parents. Grilled Shrimp Kabobs, fresh corn on the cob, grilled zucchini, fruit salad, and rolls. My mom loved it. I'd have to say we did a pretty good job on the shrimp kabobs since we had never done that before. It was fun!

And to top it off... I got Zach to take a picture with me on Sunday in his Sunday best. You can see our pretty oleanders to the right. The day after this picture was taken we got our solar shades installed on our windows. I'll have to take a picture to show the difference. It really makes the house look great and I think (I hope) that it will help with our electric bills. ;) Anyway... next post... an update on the fence and pictures of the solar screens! Happy late Mother's Day to all my friends out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The concerts sound fun! I love all the pics. Okay, apparently we can't go to the game. Justin is doing training that week and has a dentist appt. that day, so he'll be working late. Funny thing is, his sister just invited us to that game, too. We really have to get together, though! You won't believe how Caroline is growing, I can't believe she is going to be 1 month tomorrow (today, it's late), time flies!