Sunday, January 6, 2008

In 2008....

Long time no blog... we have recovered from Christmas and are getting settled in to 2008. I was off for a week and half for Christmas and in doing so, I was off from the world of blogging. We spent the entire break Christmasing...

Saturday before Christmas: Christmas with Ganky & Granddaddy... my grandparents.
Sunday before Christmas: Zach and I exchanged our presents to each other.
Christmas Eve: Spent the day with my parents and spent the night at their house.
Christmas Day: Opened Presents with my family... then the traditional movie, Charlie Wilson's War.
Day after Christmas: Christmas with the Kilgore family
Thursday after Christmas: Clean for the in-laws to come.
Friday: Christmas with Zach's parents at our house!
And finally Saturday was a time to relax from Christmasing... we did returns and shopping. Good times.

New Year's was spent playing games with our good friends, the Kirksey's and the Libby's. Good thing we were being active or I would have been asleep before 12am.

So that brings us to now... Zach and I are getting in the groove. Current projects in the Shirley household....

1. Paint Guest Bathroom Cabinets and eventually get new counter top. (Sink and faucet have already been bought.) As you can see... one cabinet has already been sanded and is ready for paint!
2. Paint Dresser for our bedroom.
3. Build a new fence.

Current plans for the year...
1. Get Zach in school... we're still waiting to hear from TWU. (school starts real soon.)
2. Maybe go on a trip sometime. (don't know where or when, but it would be nice.)
3. Eat better and plan meals.
4. Fix up the backyard for this summer.

Well, I hope that everyone's new year is going well. We looking forward to a great 2008! I'll keep ya posted on how these projects go!

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

That's so good you have so many "plans and goals." I should do that! Glad the holidays and the start to '08 went well for ya'll! (I saw that you called the other night..sorry, I was on the other line, and I didn't have the energy to talk. I'm getting better, but still not a 100% yet. This virus totally wiped me out!)