Tuesday, December 18, 2007

PAR-TY Time

This weekend was filled with party after party. Busy-ness the whole time, but wonderful to be with friends!

Friday afternoon was the Christmas party at my office at Dave & Buster's. Since this year is the 25th anniversary for D&B, they went all out on the party. Some great catered Italian food, poker dealers, karaoke, great prizes and more. I will say that I'm sad that I didn't get any of the raffle prizes, but there's always next year. The best part of the afternoon was the karaoke by far. Here's a mild sampling of the many different talents... some good, some not so good but having lots of fun!



On Saturday evening, we had our 3rd Annual Christmas Party with our small group, minus one couple (we missed y'all, Sarah and Tyson, but hope that y'all had a Happy Anniversary). Drew and Jamie hosted the night out to see the Christmas lights in Grand Prairie. Let's just say the fellowshiping with friends was the best part about it. The lights were not all that they advertised, therefore not many pictures were taken. You'll notice one picture... is it a reindeer or a spider? We're not sure? The night ended with a late night run by the guys to Sonic... we (the girls) were all starving! Thanks for a great night Libby's!!

So on Sunday afternoon, Zach and I had lunch and a gift exchange with the Sunday school class that we are a part of. I will say that I have been a Big Time a whole lot more this semester than in Sunday school, but we love the people in our class. It's lead by a couple that did one of our marriage counseling classes, so it's very special to us. So Zach and I brought one of the best gifts of the day... a Chia Pet! It was one of the only gifts that was stolen. Go figure. We ended up with a White Elephant piggy bank and a little tealight lamp.

Sunday night... we began our anniversary celebration early. D&B treated us to a nice dinner and some games and then Zach and I went out to look at the lights in Highland Park. It wasn't so much looking at the lights as it was looking at the beautiful houses. So we totally redeemed ourselves from Saturday night's lights spectacular.

On our actual anniversary (2 years, I might add), we celebrated with the day of from work for both of us. We made a delicious breakfast at home, then we got ready for the day to go to the ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Texan. But before that happened....

There was a little beagle wandering around out behind our house on the trail. No one was with him, so I took it upon myself to go get this dog and rescue him. I got the leash and rounded him up and brought him to our house. He was the sweetest little pup, but Bailey sure was jealous of him. We gave him some food and water and let Bailey play with him for a little bit and then we left to go to the Gaylord. We decided that we would take him to the vet to see if he had a micro chip because he didn't have any tags. Well, we thought about him all day and when we got home from the exhibit he was gone. He either hopped the fence (not likely) or his owner was calling for him and he barked and they took him (most likely). So I hope that the little guy is safe and sound because I was about to claim him for my own.

The Gaylord was wonderful and it was the best to just spend some much needed time with my hubby. We also went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill that night and watched Elf. Of course, I fell asleep during that though.

So that about wraps up our party/anniversary weekend. It was great!! Only two more days and I'm off until 2008!! Isn't that great! Hope the holidays are going well for y'all!

(still working on the anniversary, and party pics, to be updated soon!)

2 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I'm so glad ya'll had a wonderful anniversary! I meant to call you, but it slipped my mind. I can't believe it's already been 2 years. Fun times! I've been to the Gaylord Texan before--fantastic place! Love ya!

Sarah Kirksey said...

Awww, sounds like you've been having fun! We sure did miss the small group party...the fellowship...not the lights so much. :)

Happy Anniversary! Wow, was it really 2 years ago?? Sheesh! We went to the Gaylord last year and saw the ICE exhibit...so fun and so pretty!

Merry Christmas, Aly! I miss you, but hopefully we'll see each other soon!